Thursday, April 5, 2007

A place to go

Joy, I am so grateful to you for doing this. It is a place to go to be together and to be with Mike. Your writing, and the whole feeling that I get from visiting this blog are both amazing. You've given us all a great gift and Mike a wonderful tribute.

One part that strikes me every day is that the memories and time with Mike are fixed now. That's when grief really comes. But your blog helps me to feel that we are carrying him forward with us, in our everyday. This means SO much.

So much love,
Rosanne

1 comment:

Joy said...

Dear Rosanne,
Thankyou so so much for your post. Seeing a closed journal containing illegible scribbling stuffed into a bookshelf didn't give me the catharctic/ connecting with Dad feeling I was searching for. This blog Jake set up seemed great until I realized that the helpful part for me was reading others thoughts-not mine again-so thankyou again for the input and encouragement. And Thankyou many times over for having all of us stay with you, for setting up the family memorial service in Mass. and for looking after us and for dealing with the business thus giving us the gift of time and privacy to grieve!!! You are awesome and an angel!